Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Brian Agnew <br...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/02 18:19:37 UTC

Re: writing the web application descriptor file from Ant

I use XmlTask to do exactly this.

http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask.html

(in fact that's the reason I wrote it :-)

Brian

 --- Bill Brooks <wb...@lug.ee.calpoly.edu> wrote: > On Thu, 30 May 2002,
Diane Holt wrote:

> > Writing a task is certainly one way to do what you need doing -- but if
> > you get stuck on something, you can also try writing the list, and it's
> > likely that someone would be able to provide a solution (if nothing else,
> > you may find someone has already written a task that'll do what you need).
>
> Okay. I need a task that can write my web.xml (i.e., the Servlets 2.2 web
> application descriptor file) dynamically, just like the <propertyfile>
> task can.
>
> I put some work into using the <style> task to do an XSLT transformation
> on an existing web.xml file before deploying a .war file so that I could
> set certain things such as <context-param>'s, but unfortunately, after a
> transformation, the <!DOCTYPE web-app tag doesn't get carried over into
> the new file, making the new file impossible to validate.
>
> Have a suggestion for a task that can do this or should I write one?
>
> Bill

=====
Brian Agnew                  http://www.oopsconsultancy.com
OOPS Consultancy Ltd         brian@oopsconsultancy.com