Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vitaliy Utrobin <vi...@xenotrope.com> on 2001/05/04 22:21:21 UTC

multiple transactions

Hi....
It looks like slide has support for multiple transactions.
Can someone explain to me why it cannot do more than 1
write operation at the same time? Is it a bug or feature?

Re: multiple transactions

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi....
> It looks like slide has support for multiple transactions.
> Can someone explain to me why it cannot do more than 1
> write operation at the same time? Is it a bug or feature?

It's a feature caused by the limitations of the stores (which for all
transaction purposes act as XA resource managers).
Basically, they won't allow to be enlisted in more than one transaction.

MOre advanced stores will be developped eventually, and won't have those
limitations (for example, a JDBC store which would use a XADataSource).

It's all about what can (or cannot) do the backend ...

Remy