Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/04 13:05:58 UTC

Re: Add CasCopier.copyCasView to copy into a different view

It turned out not as easy as I thought it would be.

I will undo my changes and add a patch to propose how
it could be done. Hopefully someone can review it and give
me some feedback.

Jörn

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
To change the view name it needs to passed along
all the methods which do the actual work, in some of these
methods the view name is detected by looking to the CAS,
I would like get a review to verify that the way I am doing it
now is ok.

I attached the patch to the issue.

Jörn

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
  Hi,

can you tell a bit more about what parts are problematic?

Peter

On 04.07.2012 13:05, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> It turned out not as easy as I thought it would be.
>
> I will undo my changes and add a patch to propose how
> it could be done. Hopefully someone can review it and give
> me some feedback.
>
> Jörn
>
> On 05/23/2012 12:09 PM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> the current copyCasView method can only copy a view from CAS
>> a to CAS b while maintaining the view name.
>>
>> It would be nice to be able to pass in a new view name.
>>
>> I am proposing to add this method:
>> CasCopier.copyCasView(CAS aSrcCasView, String, aDestCasView, boolean
>> aCopySofa)
>>
>> Any opinions?
>>
>> Jörn

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/