Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "javadevdave@googlemail.com" <ja...@googlemail.com> on 2009/09/03 10:37:43 UTC

report encoding problem (doxia)

Hello!

I'm writing my own maven-report plugin, which should create some output.
This output is made with doxia, how it's explained in the tutorials.

The problems are the german umlauts. I use it directly in the code (as
String) to put via doxia into the html-page.(report)
But the report don't shows the umlauts correctly. My problem is, that
i don't know, where the encoding for doxia can be changed. (because
doxia is initialized within the AbstractMavenReport)

I'm a little bit confused, because there are a lot of descriptions in
the net, that the default encoding is UTF-8 , so that there should be
no problem with german umlauts.
I have also tried to use the <project.reporting.outputEncoding>
property in the pom, but nothing changes.

Are there any experiences with that problem?

thanks,,,

Dave

Re: report encoding problem (doxia)

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
> > But my eclipse uses UTF-8, the compiler is configured to use UTF-8...
you mean you configured maven-compiler-plugin encoding parameter in your
pom.xml?
AFAIK, it works.
There must be a simple info missing, but without seeing anything from your
sources and pom.xml, it's hard to find :)

Hervé

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "javadevdave@googlemail.com" <ja...@googlemail.com>.
Hi!