Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Kursun, Mahmut" <Ma...@com-magazin.de> on 2007/07/31 18:04:20 UTC

Error with Nutch 0.9

Hi,

I want to try out Nutch 0.9. I tried it out on a fresh installed
Fedora 7 + SUSE 10.3 Beta machine.

All I did was unpacking the files, set JAVA_HOME.

Nutch 0.72
./bin/nutch admin db -create
= o.k.

Nutch 0.9
./bin/nutch admin db -create
= leads to the error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: admin
    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.8rh)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: admin not found in gnu.gjc.runtime ...

I did this a couple of weeks ago. At that point I couldĀ“nt find any
documentation for Nutch 0.9, so I tried the
./bin/nutch admin db -create

is that the Problem?

best regards
Mahmut Kursun

Re: Error with Nutch 0.9

Posted by John Mendenhall <jo...@surfutopia.net>.
> Nutch 0.72
> ./bin/nutch admin db -create
> = o.k.
>
> Nutch 0.9
> ./bin/nutch admin db -create
> = leads to the error message:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: admin
>     at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.8rh)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: admin not found in gnu.gjc.runtime ...
>
> I did this a couple of weeks ago. At that point I couldĀ“nt find any
> documentation for Nutch 0.9, so I tried the
> ./bin/nutch admin db -create
>
> is that the Problem?

nutch 0.9 does not have an admin command.

JohnM

--
john mendenhall
john@surfutopia.net