Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Guilherme Gomes <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/21 01:16:00 UTC

JSCOOK bug ?

I have been using jscook with the normal
x:navigationMenuItem tags, and now I'm trying to use
the
x:navigationMenuItems with a bean in order to have a
dynamic menu that depends on user permissions.

The problem is that only the top level items appear.
I have used the code from another example i found in
the mailing list, and...it works, but when i change
something
that should be unrelated, it does not work anymore.

Example:
if i have a size 2 array of NavigationMenuItems -
works fine
if i have a one sized array - doesn't work.

I even managed to get one item opening up and showing
the children, but other items also with children just
do not open.

So i tried to use that same working NavItem on two
diferent array positions.

So it works on the first position - menu[1] - but it
doesn't work on - menu[2].

Then, i changed the order of the NavItem in the menu
array - switched the one in position 0 for the one in
position 1 and...
The result was that the one in position 1 now works,
were before it didn't and the one in zero doesn't
work, were before it did.

This makes no sense to me as to why it should or not
affect how the items display or not the children.

One more detail that shows that this problem might be
on the render : the NavItems with children that should
render, but do not shown anything...well, they show
something under then.

At first i tought it was a smudge on my screen, but
then i noticed it only  appeared on mouse over and
only on those items with children.

I am using the OfficeTheme and waht appears under the
NavItems is like a one-sized box with the shadow.
So maybe there's a bug preventing from rendering the
children of the nav items  ?

I haven't checked the source code yet.

I am using public version 1.0.9. As this been reported
before or fixed in the nightly build ?

Any help is appreciated.

Guilherme Gomes

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: JSCOOK bug ?

Posted by Guilherme Gomes <gu...@yahoo.com>.
now that i have the nightly build working
correctly...Yes this is fixed... hurrray!

Great work !

http://mail.yahoo.com