Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Ames <gr...@remulak.net> on 2004/05/25 18:50:10 UTC

Re: Building httpd statically

Graham Leggett wrote:

> I am having a moment: I am trying to build httpd statically, but I'm
> struggling to find out how it is done.
>
> The ./configure script can be configured to build all binaries
> statically using --enable-static-[binary], except for httpd for some
> reason.
>
> Can anyone tell me how it is done?

I think the trick is to tell it how to link the modules.  Here's a piece of a
config.nice I use for an httpd with a minimal set of statically linked modules:

"./configure" \
"--with-mpm=worker" \
"--prefix=/home/gregames/apache/install" \
"--enable-maintainer-mode" \
"--enable-log_config=static" \
"--enable-status=static" \
"--enable-specweb99=static" \