Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Weber <mw...@spree.de> on 2000/11/23 17:36:12 UTC

apache - tomcat - struts: path was not found

Hi !

I am using apache 1.3.12, tomcat 3.1 and struts. When using tomcat standalone and sending a request with an
URL="http://alster:80/deploy/work/login.jsp;jsessionid=To1010mC07300554567118311At" everything works fine.
If I run tomcat as a plugin of apache I get an error.
The configuration file for tomcat included at the end of the apache httpd.conf is as follows:
-------------------------- included in apache httpd.conf ------------------------
LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
AddType test/do .do
AddHandler jserv-servlet .do

Alias /deploy F:\Programs\Jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\deploy
<Directory "F:\Programs\Jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\deploy">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /deploy/servlet /deploy
<Location /deploy/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT
------------------------- end of include ----------------------------
AFter the include, I also added a rewrite rule to handle the session id problem, like this:
--------------- rewrite rule in apache httpd.conf--------------------

Re: apache - tomcat - struts: path was not found

Posted by Martin Weber <mw...@spree.de>.
Sorry, folks, I accidentally hit the send button before finishing ...
I wrote:

> I am using apache 1.3.12, tomcat 3.1 and struts. When using tomcat standalone and sending a request with an
> URL="http://alster:80/deploy/work/login.do;jsessionid=To1010mC07300554567118311At" everything works fine.
> If I run tomcat as a plugin of apache I get an error.
> The configuration file for tomcat included at the end of the apache httpd.conf is as follows:
> -------------------------- included in apache httpd.conf ------------------------
> LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll
> ApJServManual on
> ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
> ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
> ApJServMountCopy on
> ApJServLogLevel notice
>
> ApJServDefaultPort 8007
>
> AddType test/jsp .jsp
> AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
> AddType test/do .do
> AddHandler jserv-servlet .do
>
> Alias /deploy F:\Programs\Jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\deploy
> <Directory "F:\Programs\Jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\deploy">
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> </Directory>
> ApJServMount /deploy/servlet /deploy
> <Location /deploy/WEB-INF/ >
>     AllowOverride None
>     deny from all
> </Location>
>
> ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT
> ------------------------- end of include ----------------------------
> AFter the include, I also added a rewrite rule to handle the session id problem, like this:
> --------------- rewrite rule in apache httpd.conf--------------------

Here is the rewrite part:

----------------------------------
include "f:\programs\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\conf\tomcat-apache.conf"
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/ApacheModuleRewrite.dll
AddModule mod_rewrite.c

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule  ^(/.*;jsessionid=.*)$  $1  [T=jserv-servlet]
</IfModule>
-----------------------------------

Using this configuration, I get the following error:

Error: 400
Location: /deploy/work/login.do
Invalid path /work/login.do;jsessionid=To1010mC07300554567118311At was requested

Has anybody experienced the same problem, or did I forget some rudimentary mapping or configuration parameter?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,

Martin

Re: Re: apache - tomcat - struts: path was not found

Posted by Martin Weber <mw...@spree.de>.
Thanks alot, Craig,
I switched to Tomcat 3.2 and it worked immediately, even without rewrite rule.

Martin Weber

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.