Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/13 05:24:26 UTC

ODE 1.3.5 - Eclipse compilation issue - (import com.sun.mirror cannot be resolved)

Hi all,

I'm trying to build Apache ODE (Tag 1.3.5) from the source.

I executed $ buildr package, as well as $ buildr eclipse, and generated
eclipse project files too.

But after I import all the modules to Eclipse, it gives me some compilation
errors,

one main issue is that : "The import com.sun.mirror cannot be resolved"

Does classes like *AnnotationProcessor*,
*AnnotationProcessorEnvironment*comes with standard Java? if so why
Eclipse doesn't detect those?

Any idea on that? I'm using Eclipse Helios, with JDK 1.6.19

Thanks in advance
Sajith

Re: ODE 1.3.5 - Eclipse compilation issue - (import com.sun.mirror cannot be resolved)

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sajith,

actually, if you tell Eclipse to use the JDK and not the JRE, everything
should work fine. If I'm not mistaken, the metadata generated by buildr
eclipse is using eclipse-relative paths.

Manually adding tools.jar as suggested by Jeff should help nevertheless.

HTH,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: ODE 1.3.5 - Eclipse compilation issue - (import com.sun.mirror cannot be resolved)

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jeff Yu

----------------
blog: http://jeff.familyyu.net

Re: ODE 1.3.5 - Eclipse compilation issue - (import com.sun.mirror cannot be resolved)

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.

--