Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2014/05/23 19:55:21 UTC

Fwd: SPARQL Transaction

quite interesting proposal from jena

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SPARQL Transaction
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 16:22:43 -0400
From: Stephen Allen <sa...@apache.org>
To: dev@jena.apache.org <de...@jena.apache.org>

All,

I've been working on a design for remote transactions for SPARQL (initially
for the query and update endpoints, but most likely for GSP as well).  My
initial draft is at [1].  I would appreciate any feedback, particularly in
the places where I have made notes (the @@ sections).

Although I tried to design it to not preclude distributed transactions, I
am intentionally limiting the specification to what is necessary for a
single server currently.

Implementation seems like it should be fairly straightforward, targeting
Fuseki 2 / TDB.  There look to be a few bumps that need to be overcome
(particularly TDB's usage of ThreadLocal variables
in DatasetGraphTransaction), but there do not appear to be any
showstoppers.  Although I have not started writing any code yet.

I have started JENA-700 to track this work [2].

-Stephen

[1] http://people.apache.org/~sallen/sparql11-transaction/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-700

--