Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Srikrishna Kalavacharla <sr...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/05 18:21:35 UTC

how to use a global velocity.properties file

Hi
I'm using Jboss+TomCat.  I've many applications(ear files) which use
velocity templates in their web content.  I've deployed a single
velocity-xxx.jar file in the global path and that is used by all other
applications deployed to load their velocity templates(vm files) using a
slightly modified version of ClasspathResourceLoader definition in the
velocity.properties file.

Now I want to deploy a single velocity.properties which can be used by all
the applications deployed instead of using one velocity.properties file for
each application deployed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sri

Re: how to use a global velocity.properties file

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
On Jan 5, 2004, at 12:21 PM, Srikrishna Kalavacharla wrote:

> Hi
> I'm using Jboss+TomCat.  I've many applications(ear files) which use
> velocity templates in their web content.  I've deployed a single
> velocity-xxx.jar file in the global path and that is used by all other
> applications deployed to load their velocity templates(vm files) using
> a slightly modified version of ClasspathResourceLoader definition in
> the velocity.properties file.
>
> Now I want to deploy a single velocity.properties which can be used by
> all the applications deployed instead of using one velocity.properties
> file for each application deployed.
>
> Any ideas?

Are you using the VelocityServlet or something else?

geir@4quarters.com