Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2009/10/01 17:32:31 UTC

[VOTE] Release geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2 and geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5 for OpenJPA (2nd try)

OpenJPA would like to release a 2.0.0 Milestone 3 release next week
based on the JPA 2.0 PFD2 spec level. To do this, they need released
versions of the Geronimo JPA2 and Bean Validation spec APIs.

This is the second vote for the geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2 and
geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5 spec apis, which required NOTICE
updates to conform to the new ASF/Sun agreement for releasing early
access specs.  A new geronimo-staging-017 has been created with the
updated artifacts.

geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2
source:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2
svn revision:820677
artifacts:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/geronimo-staging-017/

geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5
source:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5
svn revision:820678
artifacts:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/geronimo-staging-017/

Both of the above passed rat:check and the ianal plugin.  The jar and
source artifacts include the License and Notice files.

The branches will be moved to tags and the staging artifacts promoted to
the release repo if the vote passes.

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 (and reason why)

Thanks,
Donald

[RESULTS] [VOTE] Release geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2 and geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5 for OpenJPA (2nd try)

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with five +1 Geronimo PMC votes (Kevan, Rick, Donald,
Joe, David J.) and no 0 or -1 votes.

I'll go promote the artifacts to the release repo now.

Thanks,
Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2 and geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5 for OpenJPA (2nd try)

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
My +1.

-Donald

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Aside from what has already been pointed out all looks fine to me.

Joe

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1

source archives build OK for me, legal stuff looks ok.  I wish the
LICENSE files were more correct but it's not enough to redo the vote.

I'm curious how you generated this if it doesn't already have an svn
tag.... IMO all releases should be done with the release plugin which
I would expect would generate the tags directly.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Yep, we recently ran into that W3C mention in some of our other specs...
I'll cleanup the trunk code for future releases (for when the spec has
been finalized.)  Thanks.

-Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Source, and binaries look good. I spot-checked sigs and checksums. I'm
ok with the unnecessary W3C license.

One favor, Donald? In future votes, could you add a ' ' character
between 'source:' and your URLs? Same for 'artifacts:'. My mail reader
doesn't parse the URL. So, i'm forced to copy paste...

--kevan

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.