Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/02 11:08:17 UTC

[C++] M2 Release

Hi All,

I think it would be good if we could get our first release candidate
cut by or during ApacheCon (which is next week!) - do people think
that is possible?

With this in mind I propose we concentrate on the higher priority
stuff, which to my mind is documentation, samples, build requirements
(licencing, build files, etc), the PHP extension and the support for a
particular spec level.

Do people agree with this? Is there some particular functionality/bug
fix that should go in?

Cheers

Andy

Re: [C++] M2 Release

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 10/2/06, Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I think it would be good if we could get our first release candidate
> cut by or during ApacheCon (which is next week!) - do people think
> that is possible?
>
> With this in mind I propose we concentrate on the higher priority
> stuff, which to my mind is documentation, samples, build requirements
> (licencing, build files, etc), the PHP extension and the support for a
> particular spec level.
>
> Do people agree with this? Is there some particular functionality/bug
> fix that should go in?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

> Andy, sounds like the right thing to do to me. A couple of points...

I've haven't got back to making the PHP extension as functional as the Ruby
and Python extensions yet. The PHP SCA/SDO releases got in the way. But now
PHP SCA is out we can use that as the basis for the PHP extension
programming model. In theory its not a big deal but to do it properly will
take a little thinking. So I'm not sure we can get it done this week:-( I'm
currently looking at the details of the PHP SCA implementation so I'll
report back when I know how it works.

How did the interop stuff go? I lost track of it a little. Did someone offer
to repeat your interop tests on the java side. Getting Java/C++ SCA interop
the web service level would be cool as we go into milestone 2. When we tried
with M! java  their binding implementation didn't work for us but now thats
been rewritten so would be good to feed back to java about whether it's good
this time.

Re: [C++] M2 Release

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
Following the IRC chat last night, I've put up the items we decided on and
who volunteered for them at
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyCpp/Tasks. I have also raised &
assigned Jiras - see the list that have been assigned to Fix-for Cpp-M2.

Cheers!
Andy

Re: [C++] M2 Release

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Pete Robbins wrote:
> I think we should find a time tomorrow. I'm fairly flexible. 6pm BST (5pm
> GMT, 10am Pacific) may fit best.
>
> On 02/10/06, Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Pete,
>>
>> Thanks for the licence text stuff. Yep, an IRC chat & tracking items
>> via Jiras would be cool. When would be a good time for a chat? For me,
>> tomorrow 4 til 5pm BST or Wednesday 5 til 6pm are both free. Good for
>> anyone else?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>

>> On 10/2/06, Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> > Andy,
>> >
>> > I'll do the change to the new licence text (hopefully tomorrow).
>> > Should we have an IRC chat to prioritise outstanding items and
>> Jiras? Is
>> is
>> > good to raise Jiras for all the work items such as doc etc so we can
>> track
>> > what get checked in from now up to the release. If we are trying to
>> close
>> > down for a release we should only be checking in for items that we
>> need
>> for
>> > the release.
>> >
>> > Cheers,

>> requirements
>> for a

>> functionality/bug

>> > --
>> > Pete

10am PDT works for me.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [C++] M2 Release

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
I think we should find a time tomorrow. I'm fairly flexible. 6pm BST (5pm
GMT, 10am Pacific) may fit best.

On 02/10/06, Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Thanks for the licence text stuff. Yep, an IRC chat & tracking items
> via Jiras would be cool. When would be a good time for a chat? For me,
> tomorrow 4 til 5pm BST or Wednesday 5 til 6pm are both free. Good for
> anyone else?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>

> On 10/2/06, Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Andy,
> >
> > I'll do the change to the new licence text (hopefully tomorrow).
> > Should we have an IRC chat to prioritise outstanding items and Jiras? Is
> is
> > good to raise Jiras for all the work items such as doc etc so we can
> track
> > what get checked in from now up to the release. If we are trying to
> close
> > down for a release we should only be checking in for items that we need
> for
> > the release.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > On 02/10/06, Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I think it would be good if we could get our first release candidate
> > > cut by or during ApacheCon (which is next week!) - do people think
> > > that is possible?
> > >
> > > With this in mind I propose we concentrate on the higher priority
> > > stuff, which to my mind is documentation, samples, build requirements
> > > (licencing, build files, etc), the PHP extension and the support for a
> > > particular spec level.
> > >
> > > Do people agree with this? Is there some particular functionality/bug
> > > fix that should go in?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Andy

> > --
> > Pete

Pete

Re: [C++] M2 Release

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pete,

Re: [C++] M2 Release

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Andy,

I'll do the change to the new licence text (hopefully tomorrow).
Should we have an IRC chat to prioritise outstanding items and Jiras? Is is
good to raise Jiras for all the work items such as doc etc so we can track
what get checked in from now up to the release. If we are trying to close
down for a release we should only be checking in for items that we need for
the release.

Cheers,

On 02/10/06, Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I think it would be good if we could get our first release candidate
> cut by or during ApacheCon (which is next week!) - do people think
> that is possible?
>
> With this in mind I propose we concentrate on the higher priority
> stuff, which to my mind is documentation, samples, build requirements
> (licencing, build files, etc), the PHP extension and the support for a
> particular spec level.
>
> Do people agree with this? Is there some particular functionality/bug
> fix that should go in?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Pete