Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Yufan Liu <yl...@kent.edu> on 2015/05/29 21:16:52 UTC

Upsert double type value into table

Hi,

Phoenix supports Double as it's column type, but when I am trying to upsert
a double value (eg, 7.481509313889134E-5), there is an exception comes out:
Error: ERROR 604 (42P00): Syntax error. Mismatched input. Expecting
"RPAREN", got "E".

Seems "E" in double value can not be parsed, did anyone else experience
this issue?

Re: Upsert double type value into table

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Yes, Phoenix supports DOUBLE, but only as of 4.4.0 does it support
specifying a literal in E notation. Prior to 4.4.0, you'll need to
express the number using ###.#### notation instead.
Thanks,
James