Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean <se...@openjawtech.com> on 2002/09/12 16:36:10 UTC

JNDi Lookup (JMS Topic & Entity bean)

Hi,

I've dredged through the archives and looked up all the
documentation I could find before sending the mail.

I am running on Win 2k, Tomcat 4.0.2, JDk 1.4 and J2EE RI 1.3.1.

I have a SOAP servlet in a standalone Tomcat. It posts to a
JMS topic and creates/access entity EJBs, both of which are defined
in J2EE. I am having a problem with JNDI lookup. I can find the
JMS TopicConnectiofactory if I use the following context factory;
com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory.
This causes an exception when I lookup the bean using the required
context factory:
com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory

I have tried to use the InitialContext to lookup both resources, but
with no luck as the JNDI names are not bound to the Tomcat JNDI context.

Questions:

1. I have looked up the JNDI How-to but it is not clear where and how I
would
reference the TopicConnectionFactory which is defined, out of the box, with
J2EE RI.
2. Do I ned to create such a reference/mapping in order to access these J2EE
resources.

Any ideas appreciated, as I am well and truly stuck.

/Sean