Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2017/03/30 12:02:34 UTC

Launchpad dependencies

According to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Moving+the+Sling+Launchpad+to+use+released+artifacts+only we should only reference release artifacts in the Sling Launchpad. Now I want to adjust some ITs for the jackrabbit-usermanager (which obviously depend on the latest SNAPSHOT).

Is the script from Bertrand already used when we execute the Launchpad ITs from Jenkins? Can we add a link to the according Jenkins Job in that page? Also it would be good to document how you are supposed to run the Launchpad ITs locally then.
Or is the script not yet used, which means I need to adjust the dependency to use the latest snapshot manually (and by that violating our common goal of using only released artifacts in the Sling Launchpad)?

Thanks,
Konrad

Re: Launchpad dependencies

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
We're not there yet, so for now we just add SNAPSHOT dependencies to the
launchpad. I think once Sling 9 is out (finally) we should move to the
newer model and figure out the missing parts.

Regards
Carsten

Konrad Windszus wrote

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Launchpad dependencies

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> wrote:
> ...Is the script from Bertrand already used when we execute the Launchpad ITs from Jenkins?...

No, that was just experimental and I haven't worked more on it.

-Bertrand