Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rakesh saha <ra...@darshini.india.hp.com> on 1997/12/16 08:19:52 UTC

How to go about understanding apache code?

Hi All,
  I am a newbie, who would like to understand the
design and implementation of apache code. I recently read
the http 1.1 rfc and have started browsing the apache code.
Any informataion and pointers on how to go about understanding the
apache code will be very helpful.

--
Cheers!!
Rakesh.

Re: How to go about understanding apache code?

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca>.
>   I am a newbie, who would like to understand the
> design and implementation of apache code. I recently read
> the http 1.1 rfc and have started browsing the apache code.
> Any informataion and pointers on how to go about understanding the
> apache code will be very helpful.

Grow a second brain and start doing SMP.  When I did this I was able to
understand everything except mod_rewrite and the .conf parsing code.

-Rasmus