Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> on 2018/11/05 21:26:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.7.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 1.7.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 1F302569A96CFFD5 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.7.0-rc1" [5],

Please use this document for coordinating testing efforts: [6]

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Till

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12343585
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.7.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1191
[5] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.7.0-rc1
[6]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12JY_Xyy6umGR1vvrBFbqtDvf6ZdAYSAiljchrnsMUZs/edit?usp=sharing

Pro-tip: you can create a settings.xml file with these contents:

<settings>
<activeProfiles>
  <activeProfile>flink-1.7.0</activeProfile>
</activeProfiles>
<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>flink-1.7.0</id>
    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>flink-1.7.0</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1191/
        </url>
      </repository>
      <repository>
        <id>archetype</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1191/
        </url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>
  </profile>
</profiles>
</settings>

And reference that in you maven commands via --settings
path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the
staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.7.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Tzu-Li Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks Till for preparing the RC1 for Flink 1.7.0!

I checked a few things, but there seem to be some issues with the release
candidate.

+ Built Flink 1.7.0 from sources and ran all tests(On Darwin Kernel Version
17.7.0
   Thu Jun 21 22:53:14 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64).
+ Checked checksums and GPG files match the corresponding release files.
+ Run following Local Setup Tutorial and verify no warnings/errors.

- README.md contains a broken link [1].

Best,
tison.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.7.0, release candidate #1

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Yes, Till,  I am sorry that I did not keep the exception information before
re-run the CI. When I started CI again, the problem has disappeared. I will
continue to pay attention to this issue. I will keep the log when it
happens again.
I agree that this issue is not the release blocker !

Best,
Jincheng

Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> 于2018年11月9日周五 下午7:48写道:

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.