Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Naresh Chhabria <na...@indiainfoline.com> on 2000/12/20 12:55:01 UTC

unable to use my own created class

Hello all,
    I have created my own class "JdbcBean.java" and trying to use it in my
Jdbc.jsp file as follows:-
<%@ page import="java.io.*, java.sql.*, JdbcBean"  %>

at this point there is no error, but when i instantiate this class as
follows:-
<%! JdbcBean jdbctest = new JdbcBean(); %>
I am getting an error saying :

Error: 500
Location: /jsp/Jdbc.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: JdbcBean

Root cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: JdbcBean

I copied JdbcBean.class at the scratchdir directory and also tried to
manipulate the CLASSPATH env variable, but all in vain. I am unable to set
the classpath for this class, can anyone suggest me where to place this
class file.

Thanks in advance
Naresh Chhabria