Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Siarhei_K_77 <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/05 09:59:38 UTC

Lucene indexing configuration

Dear colleguaes,
is it possible to add custom
analyzer(org.apache.lucene.analysis.en.EnglishAnalyzer) properties, when
it(analyzer) has to take in consideration custom boosts of these properties?
I have faced with following problem : when I try to add analyzer to property
using specific boosts, Lucene does not consider them, and when I removed
custom analyzer the problem disappeared too. Please, look at my
configuration files(attached  indexing_config.xml
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4082484/indexing_config.xml>  ,
workspace.xml
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4082484/workspace.xml>  ). I found
a solution to a similar problem in the forum, where it was said:
“If you want to search by some property and, at the same time, be able to
get sorted in the same property, the list of results, you have to create two
different fields(properties) with the same value, but different settings
indexing.”
Here is link to this  article
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/How-to-promote-an-unstemmed-match-over-a-stemmed-match-in-an-index-that-s-stemmed-td552162.html.
Is it the only solution of such kind of problem.
I have found another way of solution: it is to use two different analyzers,
first one for indexing and another one - for search, here is link
http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/ticket/899.
Could you clarify how to configure Lucene using indexing_config.xml to
search with custom analyzer with property boosts.