Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Indrajit Chaudhuri <In...@catsglobal.co.in> on 2000/02/28 13:59:51 UTC

HELP - How to delete an attribute having default value?????????

Hi,

I am using Xerces C++ parser for my application. I want to delete an
attribute from the DOM tree corresponding to the XML file, but since the
attribute has a default value as supplied by the DTD, I  am not able to
delete it. Is there any way to remove the attribute from the DOM tree?

TIA for your help!!

Regards,
Indrajit

Re: HELP - How to delete an attribute having default value?????????

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
You can't. The whole purpose of a default attribute is to be there by
default! The only way to really get rid of it is to use a DTD in which
there is no such a default attribute.