Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/05/30 00:32:49 UTC

Re: Wanted to forward this article on to the Tomcat folks but I can't

> I agree with Andy.  I have servers with no console attached.  I simply
> ssh or telent in and do the configuration.  If anyone ever writes a GUI
> admin for tomcat, I hope it does not conflict with the ability to use
> plain text and edit the conf files.

There's a HTML based admin interface as part of Tomcat 4.1.x (feel free to
download 4.1.3 if you want to try it).
It is completely independent of the XML configuration, so you can choose to
ignore it. The deploy features (improved in 4.1) are also independent, and
are made of a set of Ant tasks which talk to the manager servlet.

Remy