Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ming <ov...@sina.com> on 2018/04/17 01:46:38 UTC

can we set a table to use a HDFS specific HSM Storage policy?

Hi, all,

HDFS support HSM, one can set a file or dir storage policy to use different
hardware disks. I am wondering is there a way in HBase, when create a table,
specify the policy that that table uses?

So that table can be put into SSD, or HDD defined by the storage policy.

I read the HBase manual, but not find related topics, so asked help here.

Thanks,

Ming

Re: can we set a table to use a HDFS specific HSM Storage policy?

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
(Belated) All HSM related work has been backported into branch-1 through
HBASE-19858, but not released yet (should be included in 1.5.0).

Notice that the current commit breaks compatibility with hadoop 2.4/2.5
(the reason that the jira is reopened), so if you are on hadoop 2.6+ and
need HSM support, just cherry-pick the HBASE-19858 commit from branch-1 and
try it in your own version.

Hope this information helps.

Best Regards,
Yu