Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Ahmed <ah...@baizid.org> on 2002/11/18 13:51:39 UTC

CVS build error

I get CVS Xindice.

$ ant
java/src/org/apache/xindice/client/xmldb/embed/DatabaseImpl.java:131:
NAME has private access in org.apache.xindice.core.Database
       String dbname = config.getAttribute(Database.NAME);
                                                   ^

$ grep "final String" java/src/org/apache/xindice/core/Database.java
   private static final String DBROOT = "dbroot";
   private static final String QUERYENGINE = "queryengine";
   private static final String DATABASE = "database";
   private static final String COLKEY = "database.xml";
   private static final String NAME = "name";
   public static final String PROP_XINDICE_HOME = "xindice.home";
$

Turning these constants to public members make it.
Is it the way to go?

Re: CVS build error

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com>.
> java/src/org/apache/xindice/client/xmldb/embed/DatabaseImpl.java:131:
> NAME has private access in org.apache.xindice.core.Database
>        String dbname = config.getAttribute(Database.NAME);

I think I screwed up a once again :-)  Sorry for that.  The reason is
that I had two patches on my local tree and committed only one...  I'll
commit the XMLDBException patch (with chained exceptions) this evening.

> Turning these constants to public members make it.
> Is it the way to go?

I do not 100% like how the different properties are read so if someone
has a good idea (maybe DatabaseConfig extending Config), feel free to
propose it.  In the meantime if we have to set some constants public
it's not that tragic.

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard