Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/06 04:25:19 UTC

Committing to antlib sandbox

Hi,

I've checked out the all-trunks repository and I can't commit?

kevj@deb-dev:~/_code/ant-sandbox-all-trunks$ svn ci minify/NOTICE -m
"update date"
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response
to MKACTIVITY request for
'/repos/asf/!svn/act/bb7267e7-5ae8-40c0-be79-89dc8b85baf1'
kevj@deb-dev:~/_code/ant-sandbox-all-trunks$ svn info
Repository Root: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 1078400
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: kevj
Last Changed Rev: 991766
Last Changed Date: 2010-09-02 06:42:59 +0700 (Thu, 02 Sep 2010)

kevj@deb-dev:~/_code/ant-sandbox-all-trunks$

At the top top level the url is https, but under the individual projects:

kevj@deb-dev:~/_code/ant-sandbox-all-trunks/minify$ svn info
Repository Root: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 1078400
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: kevj
Last Changed Rev: 1023201
Last Changed Date: 2010-10-16 14:22:07 +0700 (Sat, 16 Oct 2010)

The scheme is http.  Am I supposed to checkout each antlib
independently - last time I tried this I needed all-trunks to promote
the vss antlib, so I don't think this should be the case.

Thanks,
Kev

Re: Committing to antlib sandbox

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
>> Am I supposed to checkout each antlib independently
>
> That's how I do it.  Honestly I never expected people wanted to check
> out all-trunks at all.  The scripts that are there to create or promote
> antlibs expect that you have checked out the antlibs individually as
> they need to work on the trunk/tags/branches structure.

Ok - cool - thought something was up, I'll checkout the code
individually and work like that then :)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-03-06, Kevin Jackson wrote:

> Am I supposed to checkout each antlib independently

That's how I do it.  Honestly I never expected people wanted to check
out all-trunks at all.  The scripts that are there to create or promote
antlibs expect that you have checked out the antlibs individually as
they need to work on the trunk/tags/branches structure.

If it is common practice to use all-trunks we must change the
svn:externals to use https.

> - last time I tried this I needed all-trunks to promote the vss
> antlib, so I don't think this should be the case.

You only needed to change the svn:externals on all-trunks, for this you
only need a non-recursive working copy of it (or none at all if you use
"svn ps svn:externals https://....")

Stefan