Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tung Mansfield <ma...@orbitcommerce.com> on 2001/05/14 16:11:04 UTC

Will there be a Xerces 1 version after xerces 1.3.1?

Sorry for posting this again. I forgot that I am not a subscriber to this
mailing list. So I could not get a response for my previous posting. Thanks.

Xerces 1.3.1 is the latest version of Xerces 1. Will there be any future
version? Is all development now geared toward Xerces 2? Supposedly there
have been some bug fixes to Xerces 1.3.1 in cvs. These bugs are not critical
to me. I can wait for a future version of 1.3.1, but if there is no future
version then I should just get it from cvs. What should I do?

validating data with XMLSchema - no line number is returned on error

Posted by "John L. Utz III" <ut...@singingfish.com>.
greetings;

i am attempting to uses xerces-131 to validate data that conforms to an
xmlschema.

as alluded to here previously, it was pretty simple to create a validator.

however, i am not getting a line number returned to me when the validation
fails:

Fatal Error:  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "given" must
be terminated by the matching end-tag "</given>".
Exception: Stopping after fatal error: The element type "given" must be
terminated by the matching end-tag "</given>".
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Stopping after fatal error: The element type
"given" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</given>".
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1099)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocumentScanner.java:635)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.abortMarkup(XMLDocumentScanner.java:684)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1192)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:952)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:993)
	at
com.singingfish.cpp.apps.ValidWithSchema.<init>(ValidWithSchema.java:22)
	at
com.singingfish.cpp.apps.ValidWithSchema.main(ValidWithSchema.java:65)

where can i add this into the xerces parser?

tnx!

johnu

Re: Will there be a Xerces 1 version after xerces 1.3.1?

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
Tung Mansfield wrote:
> Xerces 1.3.1 is the latest version of Xerces 1. Will there be any future
> version? Is all development now geared toward Xerces 2? Supposedly there

Xerces release 1.4 scheduled for Friday, May 18th.

Elena

Re: Will there be a Xerces 1 version after xerces 1.3.1?

Posted by Paul Jakubik <pa...@yahoo.com>.
1.4 is scheduled to be released at the end of this
week.

--Paul

--- Tung Mansfield <ma...@orbitcommerce.com>