Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2019/07/05 16:23:19 UTC

HttpCore 5.0-beta8 RC2 tomorrow

Folks

There have been a number of important bug fixes that we need to make
available to upstream projects rather sooner than later.

I will cut a new RC tomorrow and will put it on vote.

Cheers

Oleg

Re: HttpCore 5.0-beta8 RC2 tomorrow

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Running 'mvn -V clean install -P !use-toolchains' passes with:

- Oracle Java 1.8.0_212
- Oracle Java 11.0.3
- OpenJDK 13-ea
- OpenJDK 14-ea

Gary

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2019-07-06 at 17:19 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 4:57 AM Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>

> > Gary
> >
> > Can we rename `H1Config` to `Http1Config` and move on?
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-core/tree/renaming
>

> OK, but what about the the inconsistency with "H2" and "Http2"
> prefixes?

H2 and Http2 are synonymous, so I see no inconsistency here, not a big
at any rate that requires any changes so late in BETA phase.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Oleg,

On the one hand, yes, another beta is great, since the changes over the
last week are large and complex. I am also looking forward to a new
HttpClient to test down the line.
On the other hand, I am baffled by your silence on my repeated questions
surrounding Http2/H2/Http1/H1 naming PR. I would imagine that my PR is now