Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org> on 2012/05/23 09:51:30 UTC

Problems with using sstableloader - "Connection reset" (Cassandra 1.0.8)

All,

I wanted to test restore Cassandra from sstables locally, but every time I
try to do it I get the "Connection reset" error in the sstableloader.

Cassandra server log: https://gist.github.com/2773722
sstableloader log: https://gist.github.com/2773733
Cassandra and sstableloader version: 1.0.8

It seems like this is also related and affected by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4051, but that's not the
actual root cause for this error. To me, the "Connection reset" error
indicates it might be a networking / Thrift issue. I haven't actually ran
Wireshark yet, but if someone thinks a network dump would be useful, I
would be happy to provide that as well.

Thanks,
Tomaz