Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vello Sepp <v5...@live.ca> on 2013/01/26 07:40:17 UTC

OpenOffice.org suggested improvementsTEXT WRITER HAVE THE SAME ABILITY AS IN SPREADSHEET 2 SPLIT THE WINDOW PARTICULARLY ESPECIALLY FOR WORKING WITH TABLES‏ ESP LANDSCAPE FORMAT

discuss@openoffice.org Fails now
Where do I send OpenOffice.org suggested improvements
openoffice.org
users@openoffice.apache.org
dev@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org suggested improvementsTEXT WRITER HAVE THE SAME ABILITY AS IN SPREADSHEET 2 SPLIT THE WINDOW PARTICULARLY ESPECIALLY FOR WORKING WITH TABLES‏ ESP LANDSCAPE FORMAT

1

IN WORD PROCESSING TEXT WRITER HAVE THE SAME ABILITY AS IN SPREADSHEET 2 SPLIT THE WINDOW PARTICULARLY ESPECIALLY FOR WORKING WITH TABLES EG TABLE BELOW
Where using the table to capture ideas how to DO something Figure something out Solve something EG Using Hilgaard Psychology Textbook Q&A Question to queue and Answer technique
eg I'm going to figure out what's Zapping you And fix it
SO YOU CAN SEE
1. THE COLUMN HEADINGS AT THE TOP AS YOU'RE WORKING 2FILL IN THE ROWS FILL EM IN AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN ON THE TABLE
2. ROW HEADINGS ON THE FRONT LEFT COLUMN AS WORKING TO FILL IN THE ROW UNDER EACH COLUMN HEADINGS
ESPECIALLY IN LANDSCAPE FORMAT

What.I. did what happened
What are the main things I did Or that happened Or What are U doing now
Hilgaard [Guard] psychology Q&A queue and A technique
Or the UCLA anti depression program 3A's
1. Awareness 2. Answers 3. Actions 4.Achievement Attainment of Desired end results

LISTEN 4 For the question Pose the question Listen for the answer Write it down To make it happen Patterns of success 4 1. Mental image 2. Written image 3. Acting image Or action image 4. Repetition Keep trying

eg
5Y's 0-20 Use Gann 20 year cycles
CBC FM radio series SPARK Episode 202 host Nora Young Ask the question What U want & U're doing this why 5 times on each answer To uncover deep HIDDEN major needs wants

►

▼

Thank you for the excellent job you did on my previous suggestion ►Implementations Absolutely wonderful

All versions

►Have Titlecase like Word Under FORMAT CHANGE CASE not just upper and lowercase Options As presently now 2.4 3.1 [it's a PAIN IN THE ASS not having it!!] Be nice if could automatically change 1st letter of each word to upper case instead of having do always go in and do it Manually each 1st letter --Real major PAIN IN THE ASS!

▼NEW SUGGESTION EXAMPLE▼ Table Q&A: you wanna use it with [♦Not yet spell checkd Corrected etc] SEE ATTACHMENT

Re: OpenOffice.org suggested improvementsTEXT WRITER HAVE THE SAME ABILITY AS IN SPREADSHEET 2 SPLIT THE WINDOW PARTICULARLY ESPECIALLY FOR WORKING WITH TABLES‏ ESP LANDSCAPE FORMAT

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 26/01/2013 Vello Sepp wrote:
> Where do I send OpenOffice.org suggested improvements

They must be filed as ENHANCEMENTS in Bugzilla
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ as Alexandro already told you. It will
need some patience!

> Have Titlecase like Word Under FORMAT CHANGE CASE not just upper and
> lowercase Options As presently now 2.4 3.1 [it's a PAIN IN THE ASS not
> having it!!] Be nice if could automatically change 1st letter of each
> word to upper case instead of having do always go in and do it Manually
> each 1st letter

This is already available: select text, then "Format" - "Change Case" -
"Capitalize every word".

Regards,
   Andrea.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
This should be put into a bugzilla enhancement task, please go to
http://issues.apache.org/ooo/ and create a bug number. And post it
back on the list.

Some comments on your RFE (request for enhacement) is that Writer does
something similar except these are independent windows, as opposed to
embeded split, you can have several windows of the same document on
different areas. This means that you can emulate this feature by going
to Window -> New Window and arranging the size of the window so it
fits the screen.

Another option is to work with an embeded Calc spreadsheet on the
writer document, this will inherit the features of a spreadsheet
including such split. While 'holding it' in a document.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor