Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Piotr Skawinski <p_...@hotmail.com> on 2008/06/28 23:43:08 UTC

Using spring's Ioc in the service endpoint setup

Hi,

I'm looking for some documentation on how to use spring's Ioc within the service endpoint setup.

For example having:

	xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

	<jaxws:endpoint
	  id="helloWorld"
	  implementor="demo.spring.HelloWorldImpl"
	  address="/HelloWorld" />
</beans>

I would like to provide my own beans and inject them in different endpoints or for example to configure the endpoints to be transactional using spring's transaction framework.

Is there any documentation showing how to use spring with cxf? The only document I found is http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/writing-a-service-with-spring.html, but this is a very pure document :(
Regards Piotr

Discover the new Windows Vista

RE: Using spring's Ioc in the service endpoint setup

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Good.  Another option for you, if you look at Step #8 and then Step #7
of my WSDL-first tutorial below, you might be able to avoid the separate
cxf-servlet.xml class.  That ws-beans.xml file I refer to in Step #8
could just as well be your Spring config file--note you will need to
update your web.xml as shown in Step#7 a bit if you do that though.

Glen

Posted by Piotr Skawinski <p_...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks a lot -:)

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.