Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by tomeks <ts...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/19 11:43:06 UTC

Different WSDL is generated for JDK x64 and x86

Hi
I found strange problem with generated WSDL from CXF 2.7. Content of WSDL
differs between x64 and x86 JDK version, what causes Schema Validation to
fail. On x86 everything works fine, but on x64 Schema Validation complains
about missing element declaration (" Cannot find the declaration of element"
).

Its looks like all used jar are the same on both versions (  also Jboss
version match ).

This isn't probably caused by CXF its self by rather some strange JDK
problem, but maybe someone already know the reason for such behaviour.

Best regards.

Re: Different WSDL is generated for JDK x64 and x86

Posted by Jason Pell <jp...@apache.org>.
Oops - actually sorry I mispoke.  the jaxb versions won't be different
necessarily.  Anyway same
question applies, can you post a diff of the wsdl?

Posted by Jason Pell <jp...@apache.org>.

Posted by tomeks <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hi
I guess  its x86 vs x64 causes elements reordering , but probably its ok
and, unless fields inside object aren't reordered, schema validation should
pass) .Java version is exactly the same on both machines so jaxb versions
should be too.

I have some suspicions about the root of the problem, but i have to verify
this before sharing with other :)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Nov 19, 2012, at 5:43 AM, tomeks <ts...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I found strange problem with generated WSDL from CXF 2.7. Content of WSDL
> differs between x64 and x86 JDK version, what causes Schema Validation to
> fail. On x86 everything works fine, but on x64 Schema Validation complains
> about missing element declaration (" Cannot find the declaration of element"
> ).

Are you sure it's just a difference between x64 and x86?   Is there a Java 6 -> Java 7 update in there as well?  That would certainly explain it (different JAXB versions).

Can you also check if there is a JAXB impl or api jar endorsed in the the ire/lib/endorsed or similar of one of the JDK's?   That could also affect it.

> Its looks like all used jar are the same on both versions (  also Jboss
> version match ).
>
> This isn't probably caused by CXF its self by rather some strange JDK
> problem, but maybe someone already know the reason for such behavior.

Because there are differences in things like HashMap implementations in the various JDK's, some differences are "expected".  You can normally remove many of the differences by fully specifying various things with the JAXB annotations (like the propOrder on the @XmlType annotation).  Most of the other differences are just ignorable differences such as the order of the operations within a portType or order of the types in the schemas.   Those shouldn't have an impact on the runtime at all.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Different WSDL is generated for JDK x64 and x86

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.
Actually I noticed in my own environment when I switched from a 32bit
to a 64bit JDK (same patch version), that the output of the WSDL did
change.  It was because I did not specify the propOrder and it
reverted to the reflection default order of properties.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
What's the exact error message you're getting--might be helpful to
google it.

Glen

On 11/19/2012 05:43 AM, tomeks wrote:
> Hi
> I found strange problem with generated WSDL from CXF 2.7. Content of WSDL
> differs between x64 and x86 JDK version, what causes Schema Validation to
> fail. On x86 everything works fine, but on x64 Schema Validation complains
> about missing element declaration (" Cannot find the declaration of element"
> ).
>
> Its looks like all used jar are the same on both versions (  also Jboss
> version match ).
>
> This isn't probably caused by CXF its self by rather some strange JDK
> problem, but maybe someone already know the reason for such behaviour.
>
> Best regards.

Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza