Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/19 12:28:05 UTC

Can't get build.xml to work with calculator-distributed

I'm trying to run the calculator-distribute sample with the workspace
changes from an ant build.xml. I'm getting

runDomain:
     [java] 19-Mar-2008 11:23:38
org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher
.DomainAdminLauncher main
     [java] INFO: Apache Tuscany SCA Domain Administration starting...
     [java] 19-Mar-2008 11:23:39
org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher
.DomainAdminLauncherUtil collectJARFiles
     [java] INFO: Runtime classpath: 153 JARs from C:\simon\tuscany\sca-
java-1.2
\distribution\target\apache-
tuscany-sca-1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.dir\tuscany-sca-
1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT\lib
     [java] 19-Mar-2008 11:23:39
org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher
.DomainAdminLauncher main
     [java] SEVERE: SCA Domain Administration could not be started
     [java] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.a
dmin.launcher.DomainAdminLauncherBootstrap
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:163)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher.DomainAdminLa
uncher.main(DomainAdminLauncher.java:53)
     [java]     at node.LaunchDomain.main(LaunchDomain.java:30)
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apa
che.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher.DomainAdminLauncherBootstrap
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:163)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher.DomainAdminLa
uncher.main(DomainAdminLauncher.java:53)
     [java]     at node.LaunchDomain.main(LaunchDomain.java:30)
     [java] Java Result: 1

Now the classpath looks ok to me in that it includes the tuscany manifest
jar so should have all the dependencies. However I took a look as the
launcher code that gets used in the workspace and note that it's changed
recently. Can someone (Sebastien?) explain what the intention is here.
Should I be setting TUSCANY_HOME or something. I seem to be able to get
further if I add individual module jars to the classpath but I don't really
want to do that for all jars for this sample.

Thanks

Simon

Re: Can't get build.xml to work with calculator-distributed

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Please check if any dependency is missing from this table [1] (e.g
contribution-updater and contribution-updater-impl)

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Release+-+Java+SCA+1.2#Release-JavaSCA1.2-Modulesincludedinthedistribution

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<js...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>  >>>> \distribution\target\apache-
>  >>>> tuscany-sca-1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.dir\tuscany-sca-
>  >>>> 1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT\lib
>  >>>>      [java] 19-Mar-2008 11:23:39
>  >>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher
>  >>>> .DomainAdminLauncher main
>  >>>>      [java] SEVERE: SCA Domain Administration could not be started
>  >>>>      [java] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>  >>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.a
>  >>>> dmin.launcher.DomainAdminLauncherBootstrap
>  >>>>      [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:163)
>  >>>>      [java]     at
>  >>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher.DomainAdminLa
>  >>>> uncher.main(DomainAdminLauncher.java:53)
>  >>>>      [java]     at node.LaunchDomain.main(LaunchDomain.java:30)
>  >>>>      [java] Exception in thread "main"
>  >>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>  >>>> org.apa
>  >>>> che.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher.DomainAdminLauncherBootstrap
>  >>>>      [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:163)
>  >>>>      [java]     at
>  >>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher.DomainAdminLa
>  >>>> uncher.main(DomainAdminLauncher.java:53)
>  >>>>      [java]     at node.LaunchDomain.main(LaunchDomain.java:30)
>  >>>>      [java] Java Result: 1
>  >>>>
>  >>>> Now the classpath looks ok to me in that it includes the tuscany
>  >>> manifest
>  >>>> jar so should have all the dependencies.
>  >>> Does the manifest reference tuscany-workspace-admin-1.2-incubating.jar?
>  >>>
>  >>> The distribution I built yesterday didn't have it, but I saw some
>  >>> commits from Luciano changing the distro assembly files yesterday...
>  >>>
>  >>> --
>  >>> Jean-Sebastien
>  >>>
>  >>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  >>> For additional commands, e-mail: tuscany-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >> Yeah, I should have said that I made those changes locally. The manifest
>  >> references the jars. Should is still work with a reference to the
>  >> manifest
>  >> jar or do I need to go and set TUSCANY_HOME which is mentioned in the
>  >> code.
>  >> If it should work as is I'll investigate more. I just didn't want to
>  >> spend
>  >> the time until I knew that I was going in the right direction.
>  >>
>  >> Simon
>  >>
>  >
>  > It should work with the manifest JAR too, I'm debugging it now, will be
>  > offline for an hour but reporting back here about it later today.
>  >

>  If you find the bug before me then let me know too :)

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: Can't get build.xml to work with calculator-distributed

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Simon Laws wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <
>> jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:

>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Release+-+Java+SCA+1.2#Release-JavaSCA1.2-Modulesincludedinthedistribution
>>> workspace
>>> starting...
>>> C:\simon\tuscany\sca-
>>> started
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> che.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.launcher.DomainAdminLauncherBootstrap
>>> tuscany-workspace-admin-1.2-incubating.jar?
>>> yesterday...
>>> manifest
>>> manifest
>>> the code.
>>> to spend

>>> (1.2
>>> as

>>> as:

>>> The maintenance of manifest/pom.xml and bundle/pom.xml is really error
>>> prone :(
>>>
>>> I fixed the errors I could see in these poms, added some missing JARs
>>> and removed obsolete references to the old feed binding JARs.
>>>
>>> I also fixed incorrect class names in calculator-distributed/build.xml.
>>>
>>> I am able to start the domain and nodes from calculator-distributed with
>>> these fixes (SVN revision r639187) but then I'm seeing a weird NPE in
>>> the SDO runtime:
>>>
>>>  [java] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>      [java]     at
>>> commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider.getDefaultContext(HelperProvider.java
>>> :379)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.databinding.sdo.SDODataBinding.introspect(
>>> SDODataBinding.java:61)
>>>      [java]     at
>>>
>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.databinding.DefaultDataBindingExtensionPoint$LazyDataBinding.introspect
>>> (DefaultDataBindingExtensionPoint.java:191)
>>>      [java]     at
>>>
>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.databinding.DefaultDataBindingExtensionPoint.introspectType
>>> (DefaultDataBindingExtensionPoint.java:246)
>>>      [java]     at
>>>
>>> It is not specific to calculator-distributed, as I can see the same
>>> exception in other samples.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>> --
>>> Jean-Sebastien

>> Luciano/Sebastien
>>
>> Thanks for the fixes you worked on last night. I can get the nodes to run
>> now but I too get an NPE. Different to Sebastien's though.
>>
>> Simon
>>

> Ok, so the sample works for me now. I made a change to
> node2-launcher/DomainNodeLauncher to change the way the that the parent
> classloader is aquired (r639292). Can you take a look a see if this is ok as
> it looks like this has been carefully constructed and I expect I'm
> overlooking something. Object.class.getClasspath() returns null on the IBM
> JDK in this case.

Yes it works for me too in the various configurations that i've been
running the launcher in. Thanks for fixing it!

This was actually my original question. What does all this
> new node loader stuff do?

The runtimeClassLoader() method creates a URLClassLoader and sets it on
the Thread context. It locates the JAR containing the launcher class,
then creates the URLClassLoader from that JAR, the JARs in the same dir,
the JARs in <that dir>/../lib and <that dir>/../modules.

I have been using that scheme to test and run the launcher in various
environments, including:
- a dir containing a subset of the Tuscany JARs
- a test Tuscany distribution
- a directory populated by from mvn dependency:copy-dependencies
- a Webapp containing a subset of the Tuscany JARs
- a Webapp containing a subset of the Tuscany JARs + an external dir
containing the rest outside the Webapp

without having to rebuild specific distros for all these cases or
regenerate specific manifest JARs.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Can't get build.xml to work with calculator-distributed

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
wrote:

> [...]
> > (DefaultDataBindingExtensionPoint.java:246)
> >      [java]     at
> >
> > It is not specific to calculator-distributed, as I can see the same
> > exception in other samples.
> >
> > Any idea?
> > --
> > Jean-Sebastien

> Luciano/Sebastien
>
> Thanks for the fixes you worked on last night. I can get the nodes to run
> now but I too get an NPE. Different to Sebastien's though.
>
> Simon

Ok, so the sample works for me now. I made a change to
node2-launcher/DomainNodeLauncher to change the way the that the parent
classloader is aquired (r639292). Can you take a look a see if this is ok as
it looks like this has been carefully constructed and I expect I'm
overlooking something. Object.class.getClasspath() returns null on the IBM
JDK in this case. This was actually my original question. What does all this
new node loader stuff do?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.