Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fiwolfa <to...@wp.pl> on 2007/05/11 12:55:23 UTC

Activemq - out of memory problem

Hi

I use activemq inside servicemix 3.1 with mysql 5.0 (memor for servicemix is
set to 1GB). I set usageMemory limit to 128 MB and my messages are about 2mb
big. I put to my app many messages at the same time, about 25, they work
without any problem for few minutes but after that i get error:
ActiveMQMessage | error dispatchig message: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space

What can be the reason of that? I uploaded two config files activemq.xml and
tx.xml
Please help

Tom

Re: Activemq - out of memory problem

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/11/07, fiwolfa <to...@wp.pl> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use activemq inside servicemix 3.1 with mysql 5.0 (memor for servicemix is
> set to 1GB). I set usageMemory limit to 128 MB and my messages are about 2mb
> big. I put to my app many messages at the same time, about 25, they work
> without any problem for few minutes but after that i get error:
> ActiveMQMessage | error dispatchig message: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
> heap space
>
> What can be the reason of that? I uploaded two config files activemq.xml and
> tx.xml
> Please help

Some background....

http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

I'd set your prefetch to something pretty small (say 2) if you are
using such big messages (since by default the JMS client will keep in
RAM a few thousand messages). Also run the ActiveMQ broker in a
separate JVM then you know which JVM is actually running out of memory
etc

--
James
-------