Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Douglas Reames <do...@rmsfinance.com> on 2003/02/10 13:41:03 UTC

Extending Cocoon original Doc. via Subsitemap produces no add'l pages

Hello,
I have just started learning Cocoon and I have been trying to test my
understanding of the relationship between sitemap and subsitemaps using the
Cocoon2 Documentation site that comes with the binary installation.

I have modified the installed version (extended it using a subsitemap; I
made no entries to sitemap) as described below.

{    PROBLEM IS: Cocoon will not produce the requested pages for the
extended website. }

MODIFICATIONS:-
[1] copied the directory tree ( and all of its contents )
:  /webapps/cocoon/samples/poi

[2] created a new directory:  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames

[3] pasted the contents into the 'reames' directory, so that I now have the
following additional files & directories:

  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/sitemap.xmap
  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/content/
  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/stylesheets/

  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/content/static/
  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/content/static/anova-2w-wrep.xml

  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/content/samples.xml

  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/stylesheets/simple-page2xls.xsl
  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/stylesheets/simple-sql2xls.xsl

[4] added a sample entry to     /webapps/cocoon/docs/samples/samples.xml:

<sample name="Reames samples" href="samples/reames/">
     Samples showing how to use RMS Finance to execute common corp fin tasks
     with Cocoon.
    </sample>

{   I am not aware of any further required modifications.  }

OBSERVATIONS: - Determining sitemap / subsitemap entries for POI seem to be:

[A]  Sitemap (  /webapps/cocoon/sitemap.xmap ) --

<!--  'mount other sample pages'   -->
  <map:match pattern="samples/**">
       <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="samples/" uri-prefix="samples"/>
     </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

[B]  Subsitemap ( /webapps/cocoon/samples/sitemap.xmap ) --

<map:match pattern="*/**">
         <map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" src="{1}/" check-reload="yes"/>
    </map:match>

TROUBLESHOOTING data recovered:
[x] I do not get errors when I attempt to access the new directory contents
- 'samples/reames/**' - from the main samples page.  However, I get the
Cocoon Logo and nothing else.  Of course this would indicate that '
/webapps/cocoon/samples/reames/content/samples.xml '  specified NO web
pages; which is not true.

[y] Nothing seems to be out of order in the sitemap log --  '
/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/logs/sitemap.log ' - parameter values {0, 1} for
'reames' are being generated just as they are for 'poi'.

[z]  I have commented out entry [B] above in
--  /webapps/cocoon/samples/sitemap.xmap  - and then attempted to select
the POI sample page.  I get a Cocoon error, rather than the blank page
described in [x] above:

<map:match pattern="*/**">
         <!--    <map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" src="{1}/"
check-reload="yes"/>    -->
    </map:match>

Cocoon version number:  2.0.4 ;
Operating system:  Win2K ;
JDK version:  1.3.1_04 ;
Servlet engine:  Tomcat 4.1

Anyone have additional troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
Douglas Reames