Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/10 20:10:40 UTC

Weird behaviour with failover transport + priorityBackup=true

Hello:

I'm using AMQ 5.8 and ActiveMQConnectionFactory uses this transport connection

"failover:(tcp://broker1:61616?connectionTimeout=3000,tcp://broker2:61617?connectionTimeout=3000,tcp://broker3:61618?connectionTimeout=3000)?timeout=5000&amp;maxReconnectAttempts=0&amp;randomize=false&amp;priorityBackup=true"

broker1 , broker2 and broker3 are remote servers
And , as you can see, broker2 and broker3 have got wrong ports  ( both
should be 61616 )

When I use this ActiveMQConnectionFactory to create a consumer and
subscribe it to a topic ,
I see that connection to broker1:61616 is successfully established but
wait 30 seconds to complete the subscription ( by consumer )

And if  use this ActiveMQConnectionFactory to creare a producer and
send a message to a topic I see that connection to broker1:61616 is
successfully established but wait 30 seconds to complete the sent

If I set the ports correctly again, all works fine and there isn't any 30s delay

If I set priorityBackup=false, all works fine and there isn't any 30s delay

why ?
did I forget any timeout ?
why does priorityBackup=true interrupt subscription & sent operations ?

Thanks and regards