Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Scott McMasters <sc...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/02 16:44:10 UTC

[Trinidad] validation with non-trinidad tags

Hello, all,

I'd like to mix Trinidad and Tomahawk tags in the same form.
Unfortunately, no validation messages are appearing for the Tomahawk
tags when a command button is clicked.  In fact, if there are no
Trinidad tags to validate, the page just refreshes losing state
information (such as rendered attributes determined by managed bean
properties).  If I set client-validation to DISABLED, the page just
refreshes losing the same state information.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I'm developing in Firefox 3.6, but when I test in IE8, there are
loads of problems.

I'm using Trinidad 1.0.12, Tomahawk 1.1.9, MyFaces 1.1.7 and Facelets
1.1.14.  I have to use these older versions because this application
will deploy on WebSphere 6.1.

Also, I want to use Tomahawk tags, besides the many problems I've
encountered with Trinidad in general, because the Tomahawk date picker
is much better with its popup version.

Thanks in advance,

Scott McMasters

Re: [Trinidad] validation with non-trinidad tags

Posted by Scott McMasters <sc...@gmail.com>.
If I put the managed bean in session scope, everything works
correctly.  Is there a way to keep it in request scope and having the
rendered attributes respected?

Thanks again,

Scott McMasters

Posted by Scott McMasters <sc...@gmail.com>.