Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Thierry Templier <te...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/06/30 10:10:34 UTC

Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring

David,

Thanks to your hints, we finally made work the
transaction and connector modules of Geronimo with the
support of JCA in Spring.
Thanks a lot for your help!!
Thierry

> I'll try to describe briefly what's going on here,
> but it's a somewhat
> complicated subject and I've probably forgotten a
> few details.
>
> The J2CA spec requires us to support the following
> (IMO ridiculous)
> scenario:
>
> call into EJB A with user x
> A acquires connection with login based on x (such as
> same name, or
> maybe some group name)
> On method exit, A does not close connection but
> keeps it
> call into EJB A with user y
> the connection saved in A must still be usable, but
> must now be
> attached to a physical connection based on y.
>
> In order to keep track of stuff like this, we have
> an InstanceContext.
> The (ejb, servlet, app client, ...)  container
> framework is required to
> register the appropriate instance context with the
> ConnectionTrackingCoordinator before allowing the
> call into the
> instance object.  This is done e.g. in the jetty
> module
> InstanceContextBeforeAfter and in openejb's
> ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.
>
> If you want to support holding connections open over
> method calls, you
> should find a way to install such an instance
> context before control
> gets to the implementation object.  If not, lets
> talk about removing
> this requirement for use of the geronimo j2ca
> framework.

Take a look at my blog:
http://templth.blogspot.com/

Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Jul 4, 2005, at 5:11 AM, James Strachan wrote:

> It'd be good to commit the code to some place (maybe Geronimo SVN?)
> so we can all share & help maintain an easy-to-embed Spring enabled
> JCA container. I'll gladly help all I can too - though David is da
> man when it comes to JCA. (I've long wanted us to rename Geronimo's
> JCA container 'Jencks' in honour of our JCA genius :)

What do you think the "J" in "JCA" stands for ?

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring

Posted by Thierry Templier <te...@yahoo.fr>.
+1 too!
Thierry

> +1 for giving this stuff a home...
>
> James Strachan wrote:
>
> > It'd be good to commit the code to some place
> (maybe Geronimo SVN?)
> > so we can all share & help maintain an
> easy-to-embed Spring enabled
> > JCA container. I'll gladly help all I can too -
> though David is da
> > man when it comes to JCA. (I've long wanted us to
> rename Geronimo's
> > JCA container 'Jencks' in honour of our JCA genius
> :)

Take a look at my blog:
http://templth.blogspot.com/

Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring

Posted by Dmitriy Kopylenko <dk...@rutgers.edu>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Jul 4, 2005, at 2:11 AM, James Strachan wrote:

> It'd be good to commit the code to some place (maybe Geronimo SVN?)
> so we can all share & help maintain an easy-to-embed Spring enabled
> JCA container. I'll gladly help all I can too - though David is da
> man when it comes to JCA. (I've long wanted us to rename Geronimo's
> JCA container 'Jencks' in honour of our JCA genius :)

+1 to Jencks

-dain

Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:11:38AM +0100, James Strachan wrote:
> It'd be good to commit the code to some place (maybe Geronimo SVN?)
> so we can all share & help maintain an easy-to-embed Spring enabled
> JCA container. I'll gladly help all I can too - though David is da
> man when it comes to JCA. (I've long wanted us to rename Geronimo's
> JCA container 'Jencks' in honour of our JCA genius :)

+1 to that :)

--
David

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Posted by Thierry Templier <te...@yahoo.fr>.
David,

No problem to send you the code ;-)
I will package it and send it to you at the beginning
of the next week.
Thanks a lot for your help and your proposal of
reviewing our code!
Thierry

> This is great news!  I think I will have a bit of
> time now to help out
> or at least review what you have done.  Can you
> point me to your code?
> How can I help?
>
> Many thanks,
> david jencks

Take a look at my blog:
http://templth.blogspot.com/

Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.