Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/11 15:19:39 UTC

First Tika report

Hi,

I'm preparing the first Incubator status report for the Tika project.
We're basically all set, with just Rida's committer account request
still being processed. Any comments?

<report>
Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured
text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
Tika entered incubation on March 22nd, 2007.

The Tika project has just started. The basic infrastructure (mailing
lists, subversion, issue tracker, web site) is mostly in place; the
only thing still missing is one committer account. We expect to get
started with the actual design and code work during the next few
weeks.
</report>

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: First Tika report

Posted by Rida Benjelloun <ri...@doculibre.com>.
+1

Re: First Tika report

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

Re: First Tika report

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: First Tika report

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm preparing the first Incubator status report for the Tika project.

looks good to me.

--
 Sami Siren

Re: First Tika report

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> <report>
> Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured
> text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
> Tika entered incubation on March 22nd, 2007.
>
> The Tika project has just started. The basic infrastructure (mailing
> lists, subversion, issue tracker, web site) is mostly in place; the
> only thing still missing is one committer account. We expect to get
> started with the actual design and code work during the next few
> weeks.
> </report>

+1

Doug