Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Cristian Nuzzo <cr...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/04 07:34:57 UTC

Re: upgrade from 0.8.4 ubuntu

The Guacamole documentartion say that on ubuntu I can install Guacamole
simply with:

apt-get install guacamole-tomcat

I don't know why I can't upgrade it in the same way...

Anyway I think I wil start again from scratch, wish for luck.

Re: upgrade from 0.8.4 ubuntu

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 3:34 AM Cristian Nuzzo <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Guacamole documentartion say that on ubuntu I can install Guacamole
> simply with:
>
> apt-get install guacamole-tomcat
>
> I don't know why I can't upgrade it in the same way...

Whatever documentation you are reading is not part of the Guacamole
project's official documentation, all of which can be found, here:
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/. If you're reading documentation from
any site other than that, you need to contact the person who owns or
maintains that site about that documentation.

Luke's instructions in his reply may help you out, as well.

-Nick

Re: upgrade from 0.8.4 ubuntu

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Ok, the following may be of some use to you?:

#
# Install Guacamole 1.4.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.3 server (VM)
#
su

# libpng12-0 is no longer part of the main packages, so need PPA
# ***but may work ok with just libpng-dev***
add-apt-repository ppa:linuxuprising/libpng12
apt-get update
#
apt-get install build-essential autoconf libtool-bin m4
libjpeg-turbo8-dev libcairo2-dev libossp-uuid-dev libtelnet-dev
libpango1.0-dev freerdp2-dev libssh2-1-dev libwebp-dev libvncserver-dev
libpulse-dev libvorbis-dev libssl-dev libpng-dev
apt-get install tomcat9 tomcat9-admin tomcat9-common tomcat9-user
cd /tmp
wget
https://www.apache.org/dist/guacamole/1.4.0/source/guacamole-server-1.4.0.tar.gz
tar -zxvf guacamole-server-1.4.0.tar.gz
cd guacamole-server-1.4.0
./configure --with-init-dir=/etc/init.d
make
make install
ldconfig
wget https://www.apache.org/dist/guacamole/1.4.0/binary/guacamole-1.4.0.war
mkdir /etc/guacamole
cp guacamole-1.4.0.war /etc/guacamole/guacamole.war
ln -s /etc/guacamole/guacamole.war /var/lib/tomcat9/webapps/
systemctl restart tomcat9
systemctl enable guacd
systemctl start guacd
#
# Above this line works in standard auth mode, below is detail for MySQL
auth
#
su
cd /tmp
apt-get install mysql-server
#apt-get install libmysql-java
wget
https://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java_8.0.28-1ubuntu20.04_all.deb
dpkg -i mysql-connector-java_8.0.28-1ubuntu20.04_all.deb
wget
https://www.apache.org/dist/guacamole/1.4.0/binary/guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.4.0.tar.gz
tar -zxvf guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.4.0.tar.gz
mkdir /etc/guacamole/extensions
mkdir /etc/guacamole/lib
cp guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.4.0/mysql/guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.4.0.jar
/etc/guacamole/extensions/
nano /etc/guacamole/guacamole.properties:
  mysql-hostname: localhost
  mysql-port: 3306
  mysql-database: guacamole_db
  mysql-username: guacamole_user
  mysql-password:
(ctrl-x then y)
mysql -u root -p
create database guacamole_db;
create user 'guacamole_user'@'localhost' identified by '';
grant select,insert,update,delete on guacamole_db.* to
'guacamole_user'@'localhost';
flush privileges;
quit
cat guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.4.0/mysql/schema/*.sql | mysql -u root -p
guacamole_db
ln -s /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-8.0.28.jar /etc/guacamole/lib/
mkdir -p /usr/lib/$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)/freerdp
ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guac*.so /usr/lib/$(dpkg-architecture
-qDEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)/freerdp/
ldconfig
systemctl restart guacd
systemctl restart tomcat9.service