Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2009/08/03 18:51:33 UTC

MeetUp topic list posted

I added a page to the Nutch wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/ApacheConUs2009MeetUp
, with some ideas for discussion topics.

Please take a look and add/comment, thanks.

-- Ken

--------------------------
Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.
<http://www.transpac.com>
+1 530-210-6378

Re: MeetUp topic list posted

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
Hi Andrzej (and other Nutch developers),

I'd originally made it Thursday because that's when the Nutch talk is
scheduled, but if that's not an important factor than earlier in the
week is fine.

Tuesday has several Lucene MeetUps already. But Wednesday seems to be
wide open. Let me know if you think I should move it one day earlier.

Thanks,

-- Ken

On Aug 3, 2009, at 10:27am, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> Ken Krugler wrote:
>> I added a page to the Nutch wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/ApacheConUs2009MeetUp
>> , with some ideas for discussion topics.
>> Please take a look and add/comment, thanks.
>
> Thanks Ken, this looks really good. If there's any possibility to
> move this closer to Tuesday it would be better IMHO.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej Bialecki     <><
> ___. ___ ___ ___ _ _   __________________________________

--------------------------
Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.
<http://www.transpac.com>
+1 530-210-6378

Re: MeetUp topic list posted

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
Hi all,

I'd also like to ping any other crawler dev groups that are active and
potentially interested in the MeetUp.

So far it's just Nutch, Droids, Heritrix, and Bixo. But there are many
more, e.g. lists from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler
http://www.roseindia.net/opensource/webcrawlers.php
http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/open-source-web-crawlers-java
http://java-source.net/open-source/crawlers

Any input on additional communities to invite?

Re: MeetUp topic list posted

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.