Posted to users@maven.apache.org by or...@io7m.com on 2017/02/27 18:50:01 UTC

Single-page sites?

Hello.

I realize this may be a long shot: Is there any way to get the site
plugin to produce one large HTML file instead of one file per report?

If not, does anyone happen to know how much work would be involved in
perhaps writing an alternative site plugin that can do this?

Re: Single-page sites?

Posted by or...@io7m.com.
'Ello.

On 2017-02-28T02:38:02 +0100
Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No, this is not a current option of maven-site-plugin.

Right, that's what I suspected.

> Pdf plugin does such equivalent one doc from every report.

Do you mean one large pdf that contains the contents of each report?

> but writing such a plugin for one unique html page is not an easy tasks: in
> addition to the whole reporting integration work, you'll need to work on
> inter-document links in this unique html file.

That may not be *too* bad as long as plugins aren't constructing links
manually or assuming that the elements they're linking to are on
different pages (could have issues with id attributes no longer being
unique and so on).

I'll take a look.

Re: Single-page sites?

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Hi,

No, this is not a current option of maven-site-plugin.

Pdf plugin does such equivalent one doc from every report.

but writing such a plugin for one unique html page is not an easy tasks: in
addition to the whole reporting integration work, you'll need to work on
inter-document links in this unique html file.

Regards,

Hervé

Re: Single-page sites?

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
A single page would also be a great idea for Maven plugin mojo
documentation, especially if the generated page could easily conform to the
style of an existing (non-Maven generated) site.