Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Don Smith <sm...@UMDNJ.EDU> on 2001/03/28 23:35:26 UTC

private variables in org.apache.webdav.methods.PropFindMethod

Would it be possible to convert the private variables
type propertyNames
to protected instead of private variables?
I am trying to extend Propfind so that I can have more than one namespace
and namespaceinfo and am
having trouble overriding the generateQuery method because these two
variables are private.

Is there a better way to do this?

many thanks

Don Smith

Re: private variables in org.apache.webdav.methods.PropFindMethod

Posted by Don Smith <sm...@UMDNJ.EDU>.
Well the getter for type fixes half of the problem(sorry I missed that)
but I only see a setter for propertynames, which I need if I want to
reimpliment generateQuery (again so i can get that MS HTTPMail String)

Don Smith

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Don Smith <sm...@UMDNJ.EDU>.
Also not to clutter the list but I was more interested in having protected
methods in the client not the server.

Again many thanks

Don Smith

Posted by Don Smith <sm...@UMDNJ.EDU>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Don Smith <sm...@UMDNJ.EDU>.
Actually what I'd like to do is to be able to generate this line

<D:propfind xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:h="http://schemas.microsoft.com/hotmail/"

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.