Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ilan Azbel <il...@mdio.net> on 2003/06/06 11:57:05 UTC

SSL questions and difficulty

Hello,

I am using Redhat Linux, Tomcat, Turbine, Velocity. I have enabled SSL as
described in the Tomcat howto document. I can connect successfully to my web
server using SSL and all the web pages are displayed correctly.

Problem:
I do however have in problem in that whenever each page is displayed, the
user gets prompted with a message "This page contains both secure and
non-secure items...". Having a look inside the HTML source I notice that
wherever I have referenced images, the http protocol is used instead of
https. The problem is that I am using the built-in $ui.image($ui.myimage)
references in my .vm pages. What settings can I change in order for
velocity/turbine to send through 'https' references for the images instead
of 'http'?

Questions:
1) Are there settings where I can control which pages I want secure and
which pages I don't need to be secure?

2) I reference javascript .js files both within my site and external ones,
will I get the same problem as above when I reference the external ones
using http instead of https?

Regards
Ilan