Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jimmy Lin <y2...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/01 04:44:07 UTC

Re: how to read parent_repair_history table?

is there any other better way to find out a node's token range?  I see
systems.peers column family seems to include range information, so that is
promising but when I look at both datastax java driver and python driver,
its API both require a keyspace name and host name, I wonder why ?

http://docs.datastax.com/en/drivers/java/2.1/com/datastax/driver/core/Metadata.html#getTokenRanges-java.lang.String-com.datastax.driver.core.Host-

And just to be sure, the participants column in the repair_history table
represented the node being repaired and not the node being used to
comparing the data, correct?

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@gmail.com>.
> is there any other better way to find out a node's token range?  I see
systems.peers column family seems to include range information, so that is
promising but when I look at both datastax java driver and python driver,
its API both require a keyspace name and host name, I wonder why ?

range information is per keyspace, since is related to chosen topology
(replication factor, multi dcs, etc). you can construct ranges from
system.peers, but you will still need to look at keyspace info so that will
be much more complicated. so I guess the driver's getTokenRanges is your
best bet.

> And just to be sure, the participants column in the repair_history table
represented the node being repaired and not the node being used to
comparing the data, correct?

participants include all participants of the repair, including the
coordinator.