Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Tay Zhen Shen <tz...@student.usm.my> on 2017/10/03 10:19:25 UTC

Fw: Question on Flink on Window

________________________________
From: Tay Zhen Shen
Sent: Tuesday, 3 October, 2017 1:03 PM
To: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Question on Flink on Window

Hi,

I'm currently trying to setup Flink 1.3.2 on my Windows 10. When i was running the start-local.bat file, the command prompt shows that i have missing files. I tracked everything and i found that in the start-local.bat, there are configurations which points to bin/../lib. I search through the file downloaded from the site and i couldn't find any lib file. How can i solve this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tay Zhen Shen

Student of USM (Malaysia)

Re: Fw: Question on Flink on Window

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
You're attempting to start flink from the wrong directory, specifically
from within the source directory.

If you download Flinks source release from the downloads page
<http://flink.apache.org/downloads.html> you have to build it manually,
in which case the 'start-local.bat' to run
will be located under 'flink\flink-dist\target\flink-1.3.2\flink-1.3.2\bin'.

You can also download a pre-built release from the same page (under
'Binaries'). After extracting them you will find the 'bin' directory.