Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2012/12/19 00:04:31 UTC

[ANN] Maven Release Plugin 2.4 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
Release Plugin, version 2.4

This plugin is used to release a project with Maven, saving a lot of
repetitive, manual work. Releasing a project is made in two steps: prepare
and perform.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>2.4</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Release Plugin - Version 2.4

** Bug
     * [MRELEASE-186] - Active profiles are not carried through into the
release descriptor
     * [MRELEASE-260] - Profiles given on command-line not added to
exec.additionalArguments
     * [MRELEASE-415] - Plugin fails to activate profiles in submodules.
     * [MRELEASE-459] - releaseProfiles has no effect without passing
profiles in the command line
     * [MRELEASE-511] - release:prepare "Error parsing version, cannot
determine next version: Unable to parse the version string" when running
in batch mode.
     * [MRELEASE-571] - When collecting active profiles, the active
profiles from parent poms are not considered
     * [MRELEASE-614] - releaseProfiles works only if at least one
(default) profile is activated in the same pom.xml
     * [MRELEASE-619] -  release:branch doesn't work as expected with
multi-module projects
     * [MRELEASE-667] - Profiles activated in settings.xml can't be
deactivated for release
     * [MRELEASE-750] - String index out of range: -1 in
ReleaseUtils.loadResolvedDependencies() when using Parent-Module-Layout
     * [MRELEASE-755] - When passing arguments to underlying maven
executions not all maven options are accepted
     * [MRELEASE-772] - mvn release:prepare fails with IOException and a
write error (Access is denied)
     * [MRELEASE-775] - IllegalStateException while checking for
modifications if multiple exclusion patterns match
     * [MRELEASE-785] - Arguments containing spaces and quotes cause the
forked maven process to fail
     * [MRELEASE-786] - -Darguments doesn't allow -T to be passed to forked
builds for multi threading
     * [MRELEASE-787] - release:prepare-with-pom fails when
suppressCommitBeforeTag is used (SVN)
     * [MRELEASE-795] - Wrong level when using release:branch
     * [MRELEASE-808] - Can't generate release-pom.xml when custom
finalName contains ${project.version}

** Improvement
     * [MRELEASE-559] - Clarify parameter documentation for release:branch
     * [MRELEASE-734] - When releaseVersion and developmentVersion are
passed in command-line but are empty should be treated as not-defined
     * [MRELEASE-783] - release:update-versions should not need SCM config
     * [MRELEASE-796] - Add AbstractScmReleaseMojo

** New Feature
     * [MRELEASE-592] - Please allow de-activation of profiles

** Task
     * [MRELEASE-776] - use maven-plugin-tools' java 5 annotations

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Release Plugin 2.4 Released

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Tim,

thanks for pointing me to the source of the issue, but I'm going for a
slightly different solution: move the localCheckout to the PerformMojo,
since that's the only goal using it.
Shouldn't be too hard to fix that today.

Robert

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

--
"Great artists are extremely selfish and arrogant things" — Steven Wilson,
Porcupine Tree

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
Hrm - reading your post makes it sound like the two options I mentioned
I'm using ( <pushChanges>false</pushChanges> and
<localCheckout>true</localCheckout> ) are possibly now applied by
default - which was proposed ages ago as the preferred behaviour for
distributed version control systems ( as their may not be an upstream
repo, or multiple ).

Altho I don't see that change being mentioned anywhere if it is...

Posted by Julien Silland <ju...@turn.com>.
[-announce]

Posted by Julien Silland <ju...@turn.com>.
[-announce]