Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Filippo Fratoni <fi...@openmindonline.it> on 2007/01/11 14:01:31 UTC

entity modification

Hi,
we are evaluating to join ofbiz community in relation of a project offer.

To complete our map features vs. requirements we need to understand this
crucial point

Can I add entity fields through a jsp and then apply to the db and xml
definition entity?
In this way my form will display new fields without reboot the server.

Training video specify to restart ofbiz after an entity change(directly
in xml file). By contrast, related documentation, refer to  the ability
to do this by a jsp in the web tool application.

Any help is appreciated because this is one of the main requirements.

thanks in advance

Filippo

--

Filippo Fratoni

Openmind s.r.l

e-mail:filippo.fratoni@openmindonline.it
office:+39.0393900326
mobile:+39.3929095585

Re: entity modification

Posted by Filippo Fratoni <fi...@openmindonline.it>.
Jacques,
for my experience is not so strange.
I've been working often  with SalesForce during last three years and his
configuration features have been dramatically appreciated by clients.
I indeed agree that once application fits business requirements schema
changes became rare.

Coming back to our prospect client, one of his goals is to work in
autonomy even through small business changes, not dealing with files but UI.
Despite this we like OfBiz's features, architecture and development
effort reduction and we are going to base our offer on OfBiz afterwards.

Thanks for your solicitude

Filippo

Re: entity modification