Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Ronny Yabar Aizcorbe <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/21 15:53:12 UTC

GSoC 2015 - Parquet Idea

Hi devs.

I am Open Source contributor and really interested on working with
Twitter/Parquet this summer. I already participated in two GSoC editions,
one with the Open Security Foundation[0] and the other one with KDE[1].

I read an interesting post on how Twitter uses Parquet[2] and that's why I
found the technology really interesting. Looking at the Ideas Page[3],  I
would like to work on: "Use statistics to implement page level filtering in
the filter2 API".

Although, I am new to Parquet, I started investigating and already built
the stuff.

I am looking forward to discuss the proposal and would be really helpful it
you give me an starting point.

Cheers

Ronny

[0]: