Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Boyd, David" <db...@nisys.com> on 2001/08/15 15:27:44 UTC

Help with Select/option

The problem I am haveing is that I have a form in which I want to submit
back to itself.  this form is a bunch of DIVs in which I walk the user
through.

On the first div I ask the user to select a client name, code example:

<select name="cmbClientKey" id="cmbClientKey"
onChange="cmbClientKey_OnChange(this.value)">
  <option value='[+ $cmbClientKeyValue[$row] +]'>[+ $cmbClientKeyText[$row]
+]</option>
</select>

The problem  that I am having is that when the user selects the next page
button, the page does a document.form.submit() with action empty.

I have some debug code in that prints out fdat.  no matter what selection
is made, fdat always has the value of the first item in the options list.

Being new to mod_perl, I am sure that I have not tried everything, but I
have wasted 2 days trying what I know.  Can you provide solution or
directions so I can get this solved.