Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by afedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/28 13:07:52 UTC

Re: Scalebility of Inite Threads

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages.
follow simple instructions in the reply.

I've some questions to clarify:
1. What do you mean by "Ignite threads"? Is it the number of
threads/clients reading/writing data from/into the cache?
2. Are you checking reads or writes, or both?
3. What is the CPU and memory utilization in case of 1 thread, 16 threads,
and 32 threads?
4. Do you observe high GC pauses under increasing load?

In general, every client thread implies that a request will be executed in
a separate thread on the server nodes.
Increasing the number of clients/threads you need to take into account such
parameters as the number of physical CPU cores,
amount of memory and its speed, network speed on the physical machines running
Ignite server nodes.
If, under some load, you become bound by, for example, CPU then response
time for each thread will increase, but overall throughput should grow.
Actually, it's a common trade-off between response time and throughput.

As well performance differs when you are referencing mostly the same set of
data or different sets.

If you are executing mostly reads then please check if enabling
auxiliary on-heap
cache
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-configuration#section-on-heap-caching>
will
improve the things. In this case, an eviction policy
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/evictions#section-entry-based-eviction-for-on-heap-cache>
should be configured
properly to avoid OOM.

Kind regards,